We want to stimulate all children's enjoyment and curiosity for Maths. We believe that every child should have the opportunity to flourish as a proficient mathematician. Therefore, we aim to teach mathematical skills and knowledge within a supportive classroom environment so that every child feels safe to take risks with their learning and succeed.
We've developed our curriculum to take a mastery approach to maths. The Mastery approach to Maths equips children with higher order thinking skills which supports their ability to reason, problem solve and apply these skills within a variety of contexts.
Key components of this are:
- High expectations for every child
- Developing strong mathematical vocabulary
- Reasoning and problem solving
- Fluent recall of mathematical facts
- Using a variety of representations including concrete manipulatives, pictorial representations and the abstract number