Homework for Windmill Class
Homework is given on Friday and should be handed back in by the following Thursday morning. Occasionally, I might ask for homework to be done over the weekend if it is preparation for the next week's learning. The children have a homework book with the homework to be done stuck inside.
In class we talk about the kinds of things we should be doing at home to help our learning in school. These include:
- counting to 100 and trying to do it backwards as well as forwards,
- counting in 2s, 5s and 10s,
- reading our books aloud everyday to a grown-up and remembering to ask if there is a word we don't know the meaning of.
- if we want to practise writing, to do it the way we have been shown (there is a link to the handwriting style we use on our class page),
- playing after school and having fun,
- having plenty of sleep so we are ready for learning every day.
Online interactive maths activities are available on Sumdog.
Oxford Owl has some great books that are free.