St Mary’s School - Sports Premium Funding
Sports Premium Funding
As you may be aware, in April 2013 the Government announced £150 million worth of school funding for Physical Education (PE) and sport as part of the ‘Olympic Legacy’. It is intended that the funding be used to improve the quality of PE and sport provision in all state schools.
The funding was received in September 2013. St Mary’s School was allocated around £4912, which in accordance with the guidance, we will be channelling directly into developing the provision of sport and PE throughout the school.
The aims for the investment at St Mary’s are:
- To increase the breadth and quality of the PE curriculum in all classes
- To invest across the 3 years of the grant to enable sustainable practice beyond 2013-2016.
- To increase the opportunities for pupils to compete in sports within school and between other schools.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles and ensure that pupils are given the opportunity to be physically literate.
- To increase participation of all children in physical activity and increase the profile of sport and Physical activity throughout the school.
In order to meet these aims we have used the Sports Premium Funding to:
- Employ specialist sports coaches this is in Gymnastics and Dance to work with class teachers to deliver PE lessons and sports coaching.
- Buy into a local sports partnership (North Somerset Schools PE association) which provides support, training, resourcing and access to level 2 and level 3 inter schools competitions.
- Buy into Portishead and Pill Cluster so we are able to take part in level 2 inter schools competitions.
- Provide opportunities to access different physical activities and sports (skipping day)
- Enable access to competitions and improve school resources.
The impact of this funding will be measured through:
- Direct feedback by teachers on the quality of support offered by the specialist
- Feedback from the specialist teachers to the Head Teacher on the level of engagement by teachers
- The increase in the number of children engaging in inter school sporting activities The number of children attending a sports club either in school (after schools clubs) or outside school.
If you would like to see what we spent our PE premium funding on last year please Click Here to see our report.
If you would like to see what we anticipate spending our funding on for this year please click here